1/2/19

New Year, New Blog Design: And Other New Year Things.


                                      

It has been a while since I’ve posted (thanks to college and adulting), but I thought that this New Year I would try and grow my blog a little more. That means a different blog design, which I hope you guys like! I plan to post more this year and not just about books either. Since I am out of college (thank God), I have had time to explore more of my other passions like music and fashion, which means I also have a lot of thoughts and ideas to share about said passions. However, that doesn’t mean my blog will completely change; I will always be a book blogger! Speaking of changes, I think it’s time to share my plan for 2019!

My New Year Resolutions

1. Travel Overseas

I am hoping to save enough money to travel to South Korea in 2019. I have been interested in South Korea, its culture, music, drama shows, and more since the middle of last year, and I believe traveling there (specifically to Seoul) will be such an exciting and different adventure. Other than when I traveled to Italy when I was sixteen, I have never been out of the country, and I believe that going to South Korea will be so much more interesting because their culture is so different from America. I am going to be striving toward this goal hard, so hopefully look for more updates (or a travel blog post) in the future!

2. Getting A Job In My Dream Field

As most of you know or can guess, publishing is not an easy field to start in as a newbie. Most if not all publishing houses require a minimum of two to three years of experience just for you to be able to apply for an editorial assistant position. This experience is hard to come by when you are not located near said publishing houses in New York (and similar large cities). Though I have experience with three long internships in editing and a Bachelors degree in English, I still struggle to find a position as an editorial assistant so that I can work my way to my dream job as an editor. Another problem I have is that I live in a very small town, in a very southern state, where no large publishing houses can be found. This means I will have to move to New York to even get the chance to get obtain my dream job. This is also an issue because the job I currently have does not pay enough for me to save money to move to NYC, and no other job openings around me will be able to pay much more. These obstacles make getting my dream job seem like a bleak and impossible journey, but I want to strive towards my dream harder than ever this year so that I can start truly living my life. I just want the chance to get a job in the publishing industry this year so that my life can start!

3. More Kpop Concerts

As some of you may know, I have been OBSESSED with Kpop since last year, and Kpop concerts are an EXPERIENCE so I really want to go to more. My first Kpop concert was BAIKAL and the next one I am going to is MXM on the 21st! BAIKAL was amazing and I know MXM will be. My ultimate goal is to see BTS in concert (as well as other groups), but BTS will always be my first love! Maybe I can go see one when I am in South Korea. Now THAT would be awesome, right?

4. Love Myself More

This has always been a struggle for me (thanks middle and high school), but 2018 was an especially tough year for me body positivity-wise, and this year I want to strive for a better outlook of myself. I have been equating my lack of a significant other to my size (thanks society) and I seriously want to change that in 2019. I know I will be so much happier and I think it will help my anxiety as well. That means going to the gym and just reaffirming that I am worthy and beautiful. I hope this resolution has the most success!
Those are some of my big new year’s resolutions and plans for 2019! What plans/resolutions do you have? Let me know in the comments below or chat with me on twitter! I hope your 2019 will be epic, and I look forward to sharing some special memories with you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment