3/14/14

Forbidden by Tabitha Suzama Review



    Forbidden is a book that most people would be afraid to read, but I am always looking for new and different books to read so Forbidden definitely caught my attention. Lochan and Maya along with their three younger siblings were abandoned by their father at a young age and left with their alcoholic mother. Lochan and Maya assumed the role of the parents to their younger siblings as their mother slowly drifted away and things began to get complicated. Lochan begins to fall in love with Maya and Maya in love with Lochan. They know it is wrong but they have never felt like siblings, they have always felt more connected, like soul mates. They must keep their relationship a secret or their siblings will be taken away from them, but soon it becomes almost impossible to hide their feelings.

    I was speechless after finishing Forbidden, and that only happens with very good books. I was numb after I closed the book and I am still in that same state of numbness. You would think a story about incest would be gross and revolting but Lochan and Maya's relationship in Forbidden was so different and beautiful. Throughout the whole book, I was cheering for them. Tabitha Suzuma wrote their relationship perfectly to where you almost forgot that they are related and this book tore at my heart. I cannot express to you how much I love this book. It was kind of slow in the beginning, but by the third or fourth chapter, things began to pick up and from then on, I was hooked. This book deals with so many problems, like alcoholism, abuse, anxiety, and forbidden relationships and I believe that this is a book everyone can love. Tabitha takes this taboo subject and turns it into something beautiful and heartbreaking. It is a book that you need to read ASAP, although this book does have adult content so be aware of that. I gave it five out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment