7/19/14

Steel by Carrie Vaughn Review




    Seventeen year old Jill has fought in a lot of fencing matches, but she has never held a sharpened blade. Therefore, when she finds a corroded sword piece on a Caribbean beach, she is instantly fascinated and takes the treasured with her. However, the blade holds secrets and it transports Jill through time onto a pirate ship. Stranded and surrounded by strangers Jill is forced to sign onto the crew for any hope to go home. Nevertheless, a pirate’s life is never easy and as Jill learns about the black magic that brought her there, she schemes to get home. Jill will risk everything to get home, and a duel to the death against an evil pirate captain seems like the only way to do that.

   THIS BOOK WAS SO FASCINATING. It is the first pirate book that I have ever read and I have to admit that I am a little bit obsessed with it now. It awakened my imagination and I could practically see the events in this book happening. You are truly immersed in this pirate world. The story keeps you guessing as to what is going to happen next, and the action in Steel never stops. The main character is relatable and so interesting that you start to admire her. She is fierce and determined, and I was cheering for her throughout the whole book. There was a little romance in it, but the book mostly focuses on her adventure, which fits this book perfectly. After I finished Steel, I was determined to become a pirate and acquire a beautiful sword just like the heroine. I highly recommend this book to lovers of Jack Sparrow (there should be a captain in there somewhere) and a good fantasy pirate book filled with goodness. I give Steel five out of five stars!

No comments:

Post a Comment