11/29/14

Princess of Thorns by Stacey Jay Review!




18782855

Game of Thrones meets the Grimm's fairy tales in this twisted, fast-paced romantic fantasy-adventure about Sleeping Beauty's daughter, a warrior princess who must fight to reclaim her throne.

Though she looks like a mere mortal, Princess Aurora is a fairy blessed with enhanced strength, bravery, and mercy yet cursed to destroy the free will of any male who kisses her. Disguised as a boy, she enlists the help of the handsome but also cursed Prince Niklaas to fight legions of evil and free her brother from the ogre queen who stole Aurora's throne ten years ago.

Will Aurora triumph over evil and reach her brother before it's too late? Can Aurora and Niklaas break the curses that will otherwise forever keep them from finding their one true love?

     Princess of Thorns was really interesting. I love books that involve traveling especially if it's in a fantasy world and the characters are traveling by horse, weird right? This way Aurora and Niklaas got time to interact and that was really entertaining to me. I was a little confused at what was happening in the beginning, but by the second chapter it was a little bit easier to understand. Princess of Thorns is full of action, adventure, and magic and I loved it. I even lost track of time when I read it. One minute, I was staring Princess of Thorns at midnight and the next, I was finishing the book at 5:30 AM. Beware this books is like a vortex. It's like you are transported into the book. As I read, the world around me fell away and I felt like I was in Aurora's place. I love books that captivate me like that because it's like you are living the story and it's just magical.
    I loved everything about this book, from the adventure and traveling across kingdoms, to fighting dark forces and ogres, and Aurora and Niklaas’ journey together. The fighting had me on edge and biting my nails every time a fighting scene came up. But Aurora is a fierce and stubborn heroine that I was cheering for the whole time. I could see a little of myself in her and that made the story that much easier to fall into. I sympathize with Aurora also. I felt how lonely she was. It made me like her a lot more because she shows her weaknesses a little through all the hard exterior and masks she puts up. I liked how strong and driven she was throughout the whole book too. The way she cares for Niklaas even though he is insufferable is endearing. Niklaas is extremely hardheaded and cocky, and I almost want to smack him half the time. But he grows on you. Slowly.  I slowly fell in love with him and I actually prefer that sometimes in books. Sometimes the strongest love takes the longest to form. How's THAT for poetic. On that note, I have to say that Aurora and Niklaa's love is so sweet and strong that you can't help but tear up a little at the ending. I did. I was so invested in their story that I was screaming at Niklaas for being such a bone head. However, it all worked out and my heart literally skipped a beat when that last chapter happened. Eeeee all the feels were had. This book has a perfect blend of action and romance. Not too much and not too little. It is full of lies, protective princes, and princesses who won't back down. It was amazing. This book is definitely another favorite. I highly recommend it to lovers of Fire, Graceling, A Girl of Fire and Thorns, and A Kiss of Deception. It really is a mix between the Grimm fairytales and A Game of Thrones. Who wouldn’t love that mix? I give it five out of five stars!

Be sure to preorder Princess of Thorns now because it comes out on December 9th and you don’t want to miss it!

No comments:

Post a Comment