3/15/23

Review: The Last Sorceress (The Price of Magic #5) By: Bonnie Wynne


Author
: Bonnie Wynne
Genre: YA/ NA Fantasy
Date Published: March 16, 2023
Publisher: Talem Press
Page Number: 708

One sorceress fractured the world. Two may be enough to doom it. Gwyn's victory against the risen dead has come at a terrible cost. 


Aranor has fallen. In the capital, another sorceress rules from a stolen throne. Survivors of the demon war flock to Ailbhe Ahriddin's cause - and at her side: Alcide, captured and bound, his royal blood the key to enacting Ailbhe's ultimate scheme. 


Scarred by loss and the choices she's made, Gwyn now holds Alcide's fate - and the fate of the world - in her bloodstained hands. As she struggles to unite a broken continent, ancient enemies begin to align, testing their powers against her own. 


Lives will be lost and sacrifices made as the final battle looms. And in her darkest moment, the Ninth Sorceress will face an unthinkable choice. 


Because magic comes with a price. But is it a price Gwyn is ready to pay? 


Bonnie Wynne's epic fantasy saga, The Price of Magic, reaches its shattering conclusion in the spectacular final volume, The Last Sorceress.


    First of all, I have to say that I was so thrilled to go on this journey with Bonnie and experience this fantastic series. If you’ve read my previous review of The Price of Magic saga you will know that I really connected to Gwyn and her journey and this time was no exception. I really enjoyed the tension and twists in this finale. They were a constant in this saga, which kept me on my toes. It was something I really looked forward to.


    The relationships in this series were very complex and well thought out, which always makes for an interesting read. One thing I wanted to see more of was Gwyn’s romantic relationship with the male lead (trying to avoid spoilers). We got to see this relationship towards the end, but I wanted more romance and focus on them as a couple in this last installment. However, this series was more focused on Gwyn and her growth more than anything else so I understand it not being as important to focus on. I always crave a good romance so don’t mind me. Even without romance being the focus this series still captivated me.


    In the end, I was satisfied with this finale because the story stayed consistent throughout Gwyn's journey and even though she went through huge challenges and changes I could still see the old Gwyn in the end. I was never bored and was kept guessing as to what would come next. I look forward to seeing what Bonnie comes out with next! 


                             Don't miss out on this great series! 

                                      AmazonGoodreads


No comments:

Post a Comment