3/2/14

The Catastrophic History of You and Me by Jess Rothenberg Review

I was not expecting to like this book as much as I did. I thought, well it will be a book just to pass the time, but it ended up becoming one of my favorite books. The Catastrophic History of You and Me captured my heart, and I was so satisfied when I finished that I wanted to read it again immediately. That has only occurred with a few books so when it happens I know that book will become a favorite. This book has it all, especially heartbreak, and it is worth the read.
  The Catastrophic History of You and Me is about a girl named Brie who believed that Jacob was the love of her life, so when he tells her that he doesn’t love her anymore, her heart breaks, literally, and she dies. Now she is living in the afterlife, and with the help of Patrick, a fellow ghost, she revisits her life on earth. However, she returns to find that nothing was as she expected it would be like at all. I have got to say that this book had me so emotional. There is a twist in the story that I did not see coming, and that just added to the emotions. I felt like I was living in Brie’s shoes, and I loved it. Brie’s character is so relatable because she is flawed. She is not like some heroines that do everything perfectly or make no mistakes. Brie makes plenty of mistakes in The Catastrophic History, and that is what makes the book so perfect. I am not one to like ghost books, but when I read this book, I changed my mind. The writing is beautiful, and the story line had me angry one minute and happy the next. It is definitely an emotional book.
  I recommend this book to anyone who loves a story about a girl who has lost her way, and a boy who comes along to guide her home. If you like stories of revenge and a little justice on the main characters part then you will love this book. However, most importantly if you love a book that grabs a hold of your emotions and does not let go, then you need this book. It gets five out of five stars for making me emotional.

No comments:

Post a Comment