5/5/14

The Goddess Test by Aimée Carter Review




    Kate’s mom is dying and her last wish is to move back to her childhood home. Now, Kate is having to go to a new school with no friends, and to add to the stress, Kate is not sure her mom will survive much longer. As Kate arrives in Eden, Michigan, she begins to realize that this town is not normal. To further prove her point that Eden is not a normal town, she meets Henry who claims that he is Hades, god of the Underworld. He then gives her a chance to bargain with him, if she accepts the bargain then he will keep her mother alive while Kate tries to pass seven tests. Kate is sure that he is insane, but when he brings a girl back from the dead, Kate knows that he is telling the truth. Now, Katie must pass these tests to save her mother, and then she will become Henry’s bride and a goddess. However, if she fails she will lose everything.
    I absolutely loved this book. I was craving an amazing mythology based book and I got what I wanted and more! The beginning of the book was a little slow for me, however when I got to the second chapter, I was hooked. I absolutely love how Amee made Henry aka Hades appear to be a young adult, but he had the attitude and the mindset of a god. Some mythology based books make the gods seem either too childish or too full of themselves, but Amee captured the essence of the gods perfectly. Kate is am amazingly written character. She is strong willed and willing to do anything to help someone in need, even if they have wronged her somehow. As you will be able to tell throughout the book, Kate is very loyal to those she loves, but she is also fair when it comes to justice, which she has to be if she is to be a goddess. That is one thing I love about her character. The plot of this book is what I love the most. Kate is supposed to be going through these tests, but she has no idea what they are. As you read the mystery of what the tests are, how they will be delivered, and if she passed them keeps you wanting to turn the page. There is no lack of action in this book, I assure you. The mythology is still front and center. You do not forget that you are reading a book about mythology that is for sure. This book is now one of my favorites, and I cannot wait to continue the series. I highly recommend it. I gave it five out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment