5/10/14

Forbidden: Discover the Legend (Wolf Sirens, #1) by Tina Smith Review




    Lila Crain’s parents are getting divorced and to make matters worse, her mother is making her move to her old town called Shade. Lila is forced to go to Shade High where any outsider is practically shunned, but after a few days, the most popular group in the school approaches her, wanting to be friends. Suspicious at their sudden change of heart, Lila is reluctant to join their group and even more so when Cresida, once the leader of said group, tells her to stay away from them. Lila cannot help but be drawn to the group of girls and boy who seem so off limits, especially, Sky who also happens to be Sam, the ringleaders, boyfriend. Lila starts to piece together the mystery of this group and what she will find will be nothing like she expected. The wolves are out in the town of Shade and Lila might just be the reason why.

    This plot had a lot of potential. However, the writing was too bland for a story like this. A paranormal fiction book demands action and this book severely lacked in that area. When I began the story, I could tell that the author liked to describe everything even the tiniest little event or detail, and that is okay, to a point. However, this book had too many descriptive passages and not enough action and dialogue. The book seemed to flat line in the area of action, and adventure. I would describe this book as monotone in the way that there was never a rise and fall in the book. There was never really a climactic event, as all books should have. Even though I kept reading, I felt so bored that I had to skip paragraphs of description and fluff, just to get to the dialogue and action. Now, the book did pick up in pace and action in the end, but it was a little too late for that. Since the book picked up in the end, I tried reading the second book in the series and I could not even get past the very beginning. I had a lot of hope for this book, but it did not even come close to my expectations. Unfortunately, I would have to give this book one out of five stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment