7/16/14

On the Fence by Kasie West Review



   
    For sixteen-year-old Charlotte (Charlie) Reynolds, being raised by a single dad and three older brothers has its benefits. She can outplay any guy she knows including her honorary bother and longtime neighbor, Braden. However, when it comes to being a girl, Charlie does not know a thing about it. When she starts working at a boutique in the mall to pay off a speeding ticket she finds herself in a strange world of lacy skirts, makeup, and bedazzlers. Even odder, she is spending time with a boy who does not know about her ability to tear it up at a pickup game. Charlie must deal with the stress of faking her way through her new reality and so she seeks refuge in her back yard at night, talking out her problems with Braden through the fence that separates them. However, Braden cannot help Charlie with her biggest problem, the fact that she is falling for him. Charlie knows that spilling her secret could mean losing him for good, and that is something that she cannot let happen. 

    I adored this book. I finished it in two hours, which is a new record for me because I could not put it down. This is a book about a girl falling in love with her brother’s best friend and I am obsessed with books like this. I love books that involve protective older brothers too. I was sucked into the story just by the premise of it and I was not disappointed after I finished. It is the perfect romance book and a super fun read. The main character Charlie was relatable and down to earth, which made her extremely likable, and Braden was so swoon worthy, especially when he was jealous. Not only is this book a perfect romance book, but it is also a book about loss, which shocked me. It is not your typical YA romance book. It had my emotions all over the place and I can honestly say that I loved every minute of it. This book left me feeling giddy and smiling like an idiot for a while. On the Fence is the perfect book to read during summer for all those romantics out there, and for anyone who is looking for a book that will leave you smiling. I give it five out of five stars.

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I am *super* excited to read this! I LOVED The Distance Between us by: Kasie West :)

    ReplyDelete